ECA control number: 22115
Record level: Listing
Record type: Timeline year
Artist time line: Emil Carlsen [1848-1932]
Subject age: 22 years old
– Emil moved into his own apartment about 300 feet from where he grew up.
– Carlsen was just out of school and painted often with his cousin Viggo Johansen [1851-1935].
– The influence of Carlsen’s teacher from school, Christian Blache [1838-1920], can be seen.
Paintings (4) :
– Coastal scene with ships, 1870.
– View from New Harbour (Nyhavns) towards Copenhagen, 1870.
– Floral still life with roses and a portrait vase, 1870.
– Roses, ca.1870.
Exhibitions (0) :
Articles (0) :
Work & documents:
Digital-born Document Number:
Digital Document Provenance:
Original compiled and researched document by the Emil Carlsen Archives, 266 West 21st Street, Suite 4E, New York, NY 10011.
Creative Commons Corporation shareAlike (sa) license. Some of the information contained within this document may hold further publication restrictions depending on final use. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine.
The author of this artwork died more than 70 years ago. According to U.S. Copyright Law, copyright expires 70 years after the author’s death. In other countries, legislation may differ.
Record Birth Date:
May 23, 2017
May 23, 2017