Emil Carlsen The Leeds Bowl, c.1908
The Leeds Bowl, c.1908
Emil Carlsen [1848-1932]
Oil on canvas
? x ? inches
Signed: At lower left. ‘Emil. Carlsen.’.
Archives of American Art #: JUL J0047783
1908 Bauer-Folsom Galleries, 396 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY
c.1908 Emil Carlsen, the artist
1908 Bauer-Folsom Galleries, New York, NY, “Paintings by Emil Carlsen and Sculpture by Clara Hill”, March 6 – April 10.
– Quiet Magic: The Still Life Paintings of Emil Carlsen by Ulrich W. Hiesinger, Vance Jordan Fine Art, New York, NY, 1999, fig. 18.
– Palette and Bench, “On Painting with Tempera” by Emil Carlsen, June-July, 1909, Volume 1, #9-10, pg. 202-203, 224-225, illustrated: B&W.
– New York Times, New York, NY, “In the Art Galleries: Paintings by Carlsen and Sculpture by Miss Hill”, March 6, 1908.
– Bauer-Folsom Galleries, New York, NY, Exhibition Catalog, “Paintings by Emil Carlsen and Sculpture by Clara Hill”, March 6 – April 10, 1908, #.
– Peter A. Juley & Son Collection, Archives and Special Collections, Smithsonian American Art Museum, Washington, DC, Image #JUL J0047783.